Our Education Subcommitee focuses on current policy and advocacy efforts related to reduction, reuse, and recycling initiatives.
News and events we are following include:
- NYC constituents push back against cuts to composting – May 21, 2020
- Proposed legislation to bring recycling and compost centers to every community district – May 17, 2020
- Reversing plastic bag bans amid COVID-19. Why it’s the wrong approach. – March 17, 2020
- Is NYC Ready for the Green New Deal – June 20, 2019
- Good Stuff @ South Street Seaport – May 31 – June 28, 2019
- DSNY NYCxReuse Conference – June 21-22 2019
- DSNY Food Waste Fair — May 23 2019
- National Cultivating Compost Forum in NYC — May 11-14 2019
- BSWAB Reimagine Organic Waste: A Community Conversation – April 9 2019
- NYSDEC Solid Waste Planning Meetings – March 2019 Various Dates, Locations
- Commercial Waste Zones EIS Public Hearings – March 11 and 14 2019
- Bag It NYC and RiverKeeper support an effort to encourage NYS Assemblymember Carl Heastie to pass the BYOBag Act by April 1. Read more here and here.
- Zero-emission buses are coming to the MTA. Should zero-emission sanitation trucks follow? Learn more about the buses.